Full Car Servicing Rotherham
We are Rotherham’s servicing experts with years of experience carrying out high-quality full car servicing in Rotherham and South Yorkshire.
Here at Walker Cutting, we are specialists in German car servicing and are Rotherham’s top Audi, BMW, and Mercedes service centres. However, this level of expertise extends to all other vehicles, so get in touch today with us to get your car serviced.
Certified Bosch Car Service Centre
Walker Cutting is one of only a few certified Bosch service centres in Rotherham. Our position as a fully certified Bosch service centre allows us to provide dealer-quality services, car repairs and MOTs for a fraction of the cost. Our technicians are specially trained Bosch-accredited professionals who offer excellent services and expert advice to help you take the best care of your vehicle.
What Is a Car Service?
A full car service is the maintenance and repair of a vehicle by a professional mechanic or technician. It involves a series of routine checks and inspections on various components of the car, such as the engine, brakes, and fluids, to ensure that they are functioning correctly and efficiently.
Is A Car Service Different From an MOT?
When you take your car in for an MOT, a technician will take a look at the essential mechanisms of your car and ensure that it is operating safely. A service involves a technician looking at your vehicle more thoroughly and carrying out maintenance that lets your car runs more efficiently.
What Is Involved With A Full Car Service?
A full car service goes a lot further in-depth about the inner workings of your car. There are roughly 50 components that will be checked, including safety features. When one of our technicians carries out a service on your vehicle, here are some of the tests we will do:
- Take out the old air and oil filters, and replace them with new ones
- Full brakes safety check, including checking the wear on your brake pads
- Carry out a full oil change
- Steering and suspension performance
- Topping up the engine coolant
A full car service will also check on the health of other essential components, such as your spark plugs and car battery.
Why Should I Service My Car?
Making sure you keep up to date with a car service is essential because these components are not checked when you have an MOT test. This means that leaving the servicing could cause many potential problems with your vehicle. It is essential to keep your vehicle serviced regularly for several reasons, including:
- Safety: A well-maintained car is less likely to break down or suffer from major mechanical failures while on the road, which can help prevent accidents and keep you and your passengers safe.
- Performance: Regular servicing can help maintain your car’s performance, including its fuel efficiency, handling, and acceleration.
- Longevity: Regular servicing can help extend the life of your car by identifying and addressing potential issues before they become significant problems. This can help you avoid costly repairs or the need to replace your car sooner than you planned.
- Warranty: Many car warranties require regular servicing to remain valid. If you fail to service your car as required by the manufacturer, this could result in your warranty being voided.
Overall, servicing your car regularly is an essential part of car ownership that can help keep you safe on the road, improve your car’s performance, and extend its lifespan.
How Often Should I Service My Car?
You should service your car every 12,000 miles or every year, whichever comes first. However, it is best to check the manufacturer’s guidance because they may recommend different.
How Do I Know If My Car Needs Full Servicing?
Newer cars will usually let you know if they need servicing on the dashboard. However, older cars may not, as they may show a warning light because of a specific fault. This makes it important to know what your dashboard lights mean so you can get them checked out as soon as possible.
Here are some of the signs you can look out for with your vehicle:
- Dashboard warning lights
- Brakes behaving differently
- Loss of power and frequent stalling
- Liquid leaking from the bonnet
- Abnormal noises
If you notice any of these signs or any unusual problems with your vehicle, please get in touch with us, and an experienced technician will be able to help you.