Car Tyre Fitting Services in Rotherham
At Walker Cutting, we are able to offer the widest range of quality car tyres and tyre fitting services in Rotherham. All of these are expertly fitted by our trained technicians to give you the best car service. Select the best tyre type for your car and get it fitted quickly and carefully by one of our expert team members. Our technicians will advise you on which tyres best suit your car’s requirements. We offer budget and premium tyres in Rotherham from trusted quality brands, giving you a wide range to choose from.
Your car tires play a crucial role in ensuring road safety by providing the necessary grip. It’s essential to ensure that your tire treads meet the DVLA’s safety regulations. Worn-out tires can reduce friction on the road, making your car less predictable in slippery conditions like rain and ice. Tyre depth is a key factor for passing your MOT. In addition to examining tire tread depth, we offer a comprehensive car service to inspect the overall health of your car’s other wheel mechanisms.
Our Rotherham-based tyre fitting technicians will help you and indicate if your tyres need replacing, with tyre depth being a requirement to pass your MOT. As well as checking tyre tread depth, we also provide full car service to check the health of your car’s other wheel mechanisms.
All Premium Tyres in Rotherham Are Stocked & Fitted By Expert Bosch Technicians While You Wait
We stock a selection of the best performance tyres in Rotherham from leading brands and great low-cost economy tyres. However, when we fit tyres, we always adhere to the exact pressure information from the individual tyre manufacturer. We ensure that wheel nuts are tightly secured in all tyre fittings by using high-quality calibrated torque wrenches. All of our technicians are highly qualified, so you can be sure you get great service for the best price. Our team are here to keep your car running smoothly & to an MOT standard.
Call Us On 01709 828220 or Email Us Today!
Tyre Fitting Garage in Rotherham
At Walker Cutting, we are confident in being Rotherham’s premier tyre garage. Choose us for your next tyre purchase in Rotherham, and let us demonstrate why.
We offer a comprehensive selection of new car tyres from leading brands, catering to various budgets. Our expert team is well-equipped to handle all aspects of vehicle servicing, including tyre replacements, alloy repairs, suspension work, and the supply and fitting of accessories.
Contact us at Walker Cutting today to book, or speak to our team about the advantages of new tyres on your car.
We specialize in steering alignment repairs for your car, identifying and correcting any misalignment issues to ensure optimal control and prevent uneven tyre wear. If you’re concerned about the wear pattern on your car tyres, feel free to visit us for a thorough wheel alignment check.
Tyre Fitting Services FAQ
How Do I Know When To Replace My Tyres?
- Low or illegal tread depth – The legal tread depth limit in the UK is 1.6mm for cars, so if your tyres are below this, they need to be changed immediately, as this is dangerous to drive with.
- Uneven tyre wear – If you notice that one side of the tyre is more worn than the other, this could be a problem with wheel alignment, and you should replace the tyre as soon as possible.
- Poor performance – If your tires are not providing the level of performance you expect, such as poor handling or increased stopping distance, it’s time to consider replacing them.
- Cracks or bulges – Inspect the sidewalls of your tires for cracks or bulges, which can indicate structural damage. If you notice any, replace your tires immediately.
Should I Change 2 Tyres At Once?
While changing all four tires at once is not always necessary, replacing them in pairs is generally recommended. This means that if you need to replace one tire, it is also best to replace the tire on the opposite side.
This is because tires on the same axle wear at a similar rate, so if you have one new tire and one worn tire on the same axle, it can cause handling and traction issues. Replacing tires in pairs ensures that the tires have the same tread depth and can provide consistent handling and traction.
How Long Do Tyres Last?
The lifespan of a tire can vary depending on several factors, such as the type of tire, driving conditions, and maintenance. The front tyres typically have a lifespan of 20,000 miles, and the back tires last about 40,000 miles. However, it’s important to remember that even if your tires have not reached their mileage limit, they may need to be replaced due to age or other factors. Most tire manufacturers recommend replacing tires every six years, regardless of their condition, as the rubber can deteriorate over time and become less safe.
Why Are My Tyres Worn So Fast?
There are several reasons why your tires may be wearing out faster than expected:
- Improper inflation – Driving on underinflated or overinflated tires can cause uneven wear and reduce the lifespan of your tires.
- Misaligned wheels – Misaligned wheels can cause the tires to wear unevenly, leading to premature tire wear.
- Aggressive driving – Frequent hard braking, rapid acceleration, and sharp turns can cause excessive tire wear. Smooth driving is recommended for tyre health.
- Lack of rotation – Failure to rotate your tires can cause uneven wear and reduce their lifespan. Consistent tyre rotation can help provide even wear and extend lifespan.
- Poor road conditions – Driving on rough or poorly maintained roads can cause increased tire wear.
- Low-quality tires – Lower-quality tires may wear out more quickly than higher-quality tires.
- Overloading – Carrying too much weight in your vehicle or overloading it can put additional stress on your tires and cause them to wear out faster.
If you’re experiencing fast tire wear, addressing the issue promptly to prevent further damage and ensure your safety on the road is essential. We recommend you have your tyres inspected by one of our technicians to determine the cause and take the necessary steps, contact us today to book an appointment.
How To Check The Tread Depth On My Tyres?
You can easily check the tread depth on your tyres at home just by using a 20p coin. Here is how to check the depth of your tyres:
- Take a 20p coin
- Insert it into the tread grooves on the tyre
If you can’t see the band on the coin, your tyres are above the legal limit. However, if you can see the band and that section of the coin is still visible, your tyres are unsafe and need replacing as soon as possible.